If you couldn’t tell by my last post, Boyfriend and I have been on a Gundam kick lately. Well, it’s more my fault. I wanted to watch Char’s Counterattack because it is so acclaimed, but Boyfriend said that I needed to finish MS Gundam and its sequel Zeta Gundam first or I wouldn’t understand it. So we’ve spent a lot of the past month marathonning Gundam at various points. And then I got into another one of my periodic anime-watching phases, it being Spring Break and whatnot, and started watching the fantastic steampunky-alternate-universe Turn A Gundam concurrently with Zeta. I’ll probably end up watching every series by Tomino (the creator of the original series) someday.
Anyhow, because I posted the Gundam Wing Drinking Game after my previous rewatching-a-Gundam-show experience, and because the other day a party fell through and I ended up inventing a Zeta Gundam drinking game with Boyfriend, I thought I’d share two more fabulous Gundam drinking games.
A “point” can be whatever you want it to be, based on the strength of your alcohol of choice. A sip, a shot, a whole glass….whatever. Feel free to inform me of the results of your fun times with these games. I designed them for watching around, oh, four or five episodes in a sitting. If you go for a longer marathon, proceed with caution.
Disclaimer for the niños: if you are not legally old enough to drink alcohol, don’t drink alcohol. Play this game with refreshing, delicious water instead.
Zeta Gundam Drinking Game
- 2 points for every face slap or face punch (there are way more here than in MS Gundam, so proceed with caution).
- 1 point every time somebody says that Kamille has a girl’s name
- 1 point every time somebody implores Kamille to be a man or act like a man.
- 2 point penalty drink if you so much as snicker when hearing a character say the name “Quattro Bajeena” (this one gets me every time).
- 1 point for every mention of the events of the previous series (in however much detail you deem appropriate).
- 1 point each time you see recycled animation
- (optional: 1 point when Kamille whines that nobody understands him)
…..and now for the ’70s one:
Mobile Suit Gundam Drinking Game
- 1 point for every use of a recycled Gundam transformation sequence (excluding the opening theme) [OR every moment that seems explicity designed to sell a toy].
- 3 points for every face slap or face punch.
- 2 points for every Mirai Yashima romance moment
- 1 point for any character’s surprise at how the Gundam does not blow up with one hit
- 1 point for every time anyone acts creepy or fanboyish around Matilda-san
- 1 point for Kai Shiden snark. Extra point if he gets slapped or punched in retaliation for the snark.
- 1 point for every time Fraw Bow brings Amuro food, tells him to take a shower, or mommies him in some other way.
- 2 points for every awkward eating scene
- 1 point for the pack-o’-orphans making a contribution to the outcome of battle.
- 2 points for awkward shower/bath scene.
- 1 point penalty drink for every time anyone says “huh?”/”what?”/wtf at any psychedelic trippiness.
- (optional: 2 point penalty drink if you laugh at the Guntank or any other silly mech)
I hope you have a grand ol’ time with these games!